In the past, the best option if you were looking to reduce the signs of aging by fixing sagging skin was to get a facelift, an intense, cosmetic surgery designed to tighten face skin. In recent years however more and more people are turning to non-surgical methods of skin tightening, like laser skin tightening, which provide a non-invasive yet effective alternative to cosmetic surgery.
What is laser skin tightening?
Laser skin tightening is an option that can have dramatic effects on the appearance of your skin because it effectively reduces wrinkles, fine lines and loose skin, giving you a smoother and more youthful appearance. This method is minimally invasive (in contrast with cosmetic surgery) and is performed through an infrared light source which tightens the skin by heating the collagen under the skin’s surface and causing it to contract or tighten. It also increases elastine in the skin to improve elasticity. In general, optimal results require two to three treatments about a month apart.
What are the benefits of laser skin tightening vs. Cosmetic Surgery?
There are many benefits to choosing a non-surgical anti-aging procedure like laser skin tightening including:
- They are less invasive than other methods like facelifts or bodylifts
- It can help produce dramatically firmer skin almost instantly after treatment, without waiting for skin to heal
- It can be used on any area of the body quickly and easily
- There is a lower risk of side effects and reduced recovery time than with cosmetic surgery
- There is little pain, and, if pain medication is necessary, the procedures use over the counter pain killers and local anaesthetic unlike cosmetic surgery which can be extremely painful and often requires general anaesthetic.
- It is much more cost-effective than a full facelift and there is usually no need to take time off of work or daily activities
Who would benefit from laser skin tightening treatments?
Like all cosmetic treatments, not every procedure is right for every patient. The ideal candidates for laser skin tightening treatments are those who don’t quite need a facelift, whose skin hasn’t reached the level of looseness that only a facelift can reduce and who don’t have a lot of excess facial fat.
False Creek Skin Solution Clinic is a full-service Vancouver Skin Care Center that specializes in many different laser treatments such as
- laser genesis skin rejuvenation
- titan laser treatment for skin firming
- ipl limelight photo facial
- 3d skin rejuvenation…
for a variety of skin conditions. Contact us today for a consultation and find out how we can help you look your best.
Leave A Comment